Tofu, Asparagus, and Mushroom Stir-Fry with an appetizing sauce is nutritious as it is scrumptious! This meatless dish cooks in minutes and makes a delicious side dish with steamed rice.
Table Of Contents
- Cooking tips
- Serving suggestions
- More tofu recipes
- Tofu, Asparagus and Mushroom Stir-Fry
If you’re looking for an easy dish that’s not only delicious but also good for you, this tofu, asparagus, and mushroom stir-fry is your answer! It’s a meatless meal that’s high in protein and rich in nutrients.
We’re big meat eaters in our household, yet we hardly miss the meat. The delectable combination of soft tofu cubes, tender-crisp asparagus, and meaty shiitake mushrooms in a savory stir-fry sauce over steamed rice is so tasty and filling.
The best part is, this tofu and vegetable stir-fry cooks in minutes; you’ll have dinner ready in no time.
I used my tried and tested and ever trusted stir-fry sauce for this recipe, which has made a few delicious appearances on the blog as this beef and baby corn stir-fry and snow peas with shrimp stir-fry.
If you’re a fan of quick stir-fry meals, this sauce needs to be in your repertoire! Full-flavored and versatile, it’s liquid gold!
I used a vegetarian mushroom oyster sauce to make this tofu stir-fry a vegan dish. You can find this vegetarian version alongside the real stuff at most Asian grocery stores, or you can order from Amazon for convenient delivery.
- The recipe calls for firm tofu, but you substitute soft tofu if you prefer the texture, and remember to stir gently to keep it from falling apart.
- This is a quick stir-fry so have all the ingredients prepped and ready to go. Cut them into uniform sizes for even cooking.
- For extra crunch, stir in 1/2 cup of roasted cashews during the last minute or two of cook time.
Tofu, Asparagus, and Mushroom stir-fry is a tasty and healthy side or main dish for lunch or dinner. Try it with brown rice for a meal you’ll feel good serving the whole family.
More tofu recipes
- Lugaw at Tokwa
- Lumpiang Prito
- Kangkong and Tofu with Oyster Sauce
- Lumpiang Hubad
Tofu, Asparagus, and Mushroom Stir-Fry
Tofu and Asparagus Stir-fry cooks in minutes and make a tasty side dish with steamed rice. This vegan dish is delicious as it is nutritious with good-for-you nutrients and protein!
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 package (14 ounces) firm tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 bunch (about 2 cups) asparagus, ends trimmed and cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
For the Stir-fry Sauce
- 1 cup water or liquid from soaking mushrooms
- 1/2 cup vegetarian mushroom oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce (I use Kikkoman)
- 1/4 cup Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper